Along with the latest Fast Ring Update, owners of Microsoft Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL are going to check for several other things too. The new firmware with 01078.00053.16236.35xxx build is now ready for most devices in various regions irrespective of its Insider status. Nonetheless, this is planned as a rolling update, so it may not be available to all devices.
Some of the new features included in Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL is the double tap to wake to Windows 10 Mobile devices and the bug fix for frequent Wi-Fi disconnections. Noted below is the complete list you changes users can expect in the coming time.
Update for Microsoft Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL
- Improved Wi-Fi connectivity, including fixes for dropping Wi-Fi connection and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not giving any results.
- Added support for double tap to wake screen enabled.
- Reliability and stability improvements.
- Improved Bluetooth connectivity.
- Improved camera including video and image quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for problems causing slow motion capture.
- Improved cellular connectivity, which includes fix for problems causing occasional network loss.
- Improved audio quality, including fix for problems causing scrambled noise for voice call audio.
Microsoft Word of Caution
All these updates would be available depending on the model of Lumia phone, network or region service provider. As of now, the update should be fond for the first batch of Lumia 950 and 950 XL series and the remaining ones are likely to receive this update gradually.
To get this update, users have to follow Settings > Update and security > Phone update > Check for updates. If your handset is eligible, you would see the MICROSOFTMDG update waiting right there. We have innumerable reports of firmware going live now for phones.
If phone’s model number and region are supported by Insiders, it should be eligible for an update. Non-Insiders should get firmware updates too. You don’t have to rollback or reset the phone using Windows Device Recovery Tool.