Microsoft has been pushing Insider Builds out for quite some time, and there’s all the good reason to do so! We have finally reached the development stretch now with the latest Anniversary Update of Windows 10. As such, build compiled for Windows 10 is ready for testing. The latest build is 14833 for phone and PC, which includes several fixes over its previous lags.
Improvements to your PCs include:
- An updated Store to version 11606.1001.39 with new bug fixes.
- The issue where Narrator keyboard shortcuts wouldn’t work after locking the PC has been fixed.
- The issue where Narrator could not read the time and date under Settings -> Time and Language -> Date and Time, had been fixed.
- TMP driver crash that often resulted in device bug-checking and rebooting has been fixed.
Improvements to your Mobile Phones include:
- The Store has been updated to version 11606.1001.39.
- The issue that caused the keyboard to not show up every time for In Private mode on Microsoft Edge has been fixed.
- The issue that resulted in the app getting into a state after remaining suspended where it wouldn’t be able to launch until the device was rebooted has been fixed.
Common Issues for PC and Mobile
A recent bug fix has been added to the Hyper-V firmware, which would affect the ability to start Windows Server 2016 Tech Preview 5 VMs enabling Secure Boot. Another fix for TP5 build has also been developed, which is due to release.
After installing the build on your PC using non-EN-US language, you may have to face an error code 0x8004005 while enabling Developer Mode on “For Developer” Settings Page. After seeing the error message, the machine goes back in developer mode and you would still be able to utilize Visual Studio for developing Universal Windows Applications. The error mostly indicates additional components needed by the OS to enable additional debugging features in Windows Device Portal or Visual Studio couldn’t be installed automatically.
In mobile, Voice Recorder doesn’t show up consistently for Call Recording. So, a Voice Recorder app update through the Store would be released to fix this issue. Wallet users would be prompted for PIN twice while using tap to pay from locked phones. We are also changing the backup format for Windows 10 Mobile phones to reduce size of backup stores in OneDrive. Resultantly, if you run a backup on any device using the latest Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build and move back to its released version of Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586 and restore from backup, the Start screen layout won’t restore. Your entire backup would get overwritten.
The Anniversary Update of Windows 10 is all set to launch on August 2, 2016.